Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
You're invited
Topic Started: Feb 14 2017, 08:36 PM (1,127 Views)
Bailey
Member Avatar

I just realized this board has its four year anniversary coming up on February 24. We should have an online party. It's on a Friday so I'll be working during the day, but I'll be here in the evening. Feel free to start without me. :cheers:
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Self Reliance (1841)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lorenzo's Llamas
Member Avatar

:cork:

Bailey
Member Avatar

I set the board up the day of the 2013 Oscars. That's the year Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for and won best actress for Silver Linings Playbook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/85th_Academy_Awards

:Oscars:
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Self Reliance (1841)

Paris
Member Avatar

:yay:

Al's Marmot
Member Avatar
nice marmot
I love a good party!

:couchjump:
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." -Dr. Sidney Freedman

Deleted User
Deleted User

:hugs:
Quote Post Goto Top

Paris
Member Avatar

:band:

Al's Marmot
Member Avatar
nice marmot

:loveyas:
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." -Dr. Sidney Freedman

Bailey
Member Avatar

Moving this thread to the Lounge. :smile:

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Self Reliance (1841)

Lorenzo's Llamas
Member Avatar

:cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme/Skin created by PearlySkies from Zathyus Networks Resources